The National Rural Crime Network has six declared objectives:
- To act as a multi-agency think tank on rural crime strategy.
- To encourage and support the activities of those involved in making rural communities across England and Wales become and feel safer, as well as assisting them in the protection and preservation of heritage assets and their settings.
- Provide information and support for rural communities by promoting and facilitating the sharing of good practice.
- To develop and target good publicity to encourage stronger local response from the public in relation to reducing crime in rural communities.
- To encourage regional fora and facilitate a national forum for discussions between relevant rural partners and appropriate national organisations and watch groups on rural crime issues.
- To act as a forum to consider effective Community Safety Initiatives across rural areas.