- Give rural communities a voice
- Act as a multi-agency think tank on rural policing and criminal justice policy and practice, to ensure the needs of rural communities and victims are better served nationally and locally
- Protect the rural economy by influencing and improving policy regarding rural policing and community safety, actively seeking to change legislation where necessary
- Become a central hub for practitioners, encouraging national and regional outlets for discussions on rural crime issues between relevant rural partners, watch groups and appropriate national organisations, proactively sharing best practice
- Increase reporting of rural crime and wider community safety issues.
To encourage and support the activities of those involved in making rural communities across England and Wales become and feel safer, as well as assisting them in the protection and preservation of heritage assets and their settings.