A thriving rural community – all those who live, work or enjoy the countryside – that feels safe, understood and is secure.
Based on an in depth understanding of the needs, concerns and threats to rural communities, make substantive policy and practice improvements
- Give rural communities a voice
- Act as a multi-agency think tank on rural policing and criminal justice policy and practice, to ensure the needs of rural communities and victims are better served nationally and locally
- Protect the rural economy by influencing and improving policy regarding rural policing and community safety, actively seeking to change legislation where necessary
- Become a central hub for practioners, encouraging national and regional outlets for discussions on rural crime issues between relevant rural partners, watch groups and appropriate national organisations, proactively sharing best practice
- Increase reporting of rural crime and wider community safety issues